26 December 2010

fit to be a princess!

One of my favorite couples, Prince William and Kate Middleton, announced their engagement on November 16! They are to be married on April 29, 2011 at Westminster Abbey in England. This announcement makes me incredibly happy, as I have watched them over the years hoping they would stick it out. Kate has always been one of my favorite fashionistas. Her class and modesty far exceed an equal of her years and I see her as the epitome of an English Rose. I decided to dedicate a post to her elegant style and share with you all the reason I have admired her for so many years.

First, the night of the announcement, Kate wore this now infamous blue Issa dress, which sold out in London within 24 hours of the engagement. She looked stunning in it and I loved that she matched it to her new sapphire engagement ring. (FYI, it was also Princess Diana's wedding ring. Prince William gave the ring to Kate to keep his mother close to them.)

Their {beautiful} official engagement photos. They look like a modern-day king and queen. (FYI, Kate wore her own clothes and did her own make-up for the engagement announcement and these photos. She needs to stop. being. so. perfect!)

Now, my little contribution to Kate and her graceful style...

One perk of attending English society functions is wearing fabulous hats! Kate tends to wear flowy dresses with structured blazers or dress suits to functions, and she pulls the accompanying hats off flawlessly. Can I please move to England now so I can wear hats?!



Her evening wear (both casual and dress-up) is just as elegant and modern.

       


I adore her street style. She always looks like she just walked out of a photo shoot for "Looking Chic on the Street." She wears minimal accessories, if any (I like how she sometimes tucks her shirt in with no belt) and she loves, loves knee boots. You're more likely to find her in boots than any other shoes. I love that she has versatile style but always looks chic and very put-together.



When attending more casual functions, she dresses very preppy but feminine.

  

To conclude, I am attaching a link to the first interview on the day that Prince William and Kate (who now wants to be known as "Catherine") announced their engagement. I think this video is adorable! It's Kate's first time to speak in front of a camera and her first ever interview and it's obvious how nervous she is, but she does a wonderful job! I used to think Prince William was a douchebag but after seeing this video, my opinion of him changed. He is well-spoken, smart, and very sweet in subtle ways.
CONGRATULATIONS to Prince William and future Princess Kate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment